Name: ______________________________ Period: _____ Date: _______
MLA Research Paper Questions
|1. What are MLA research papers?|
2. Are all research papers MLA papers?
|3. What is the MLA?|
|4. Why should you follow MLA rules?|
|5. What is plagiarism?|
|6. What are the required parts of MLA research papers?|
|7. What are the two parts of MLA documentation style?|
|8. What are in-text and parenthetical citations?|
|9. What are different ways to create in-text and/or parenthetical citations for information found in a book?|
|10. What does it mean to cite a source?|
|11. What is on a Works Cited page?|
|12. When do I create works-cited entries?|
|13. What are the MLA Core Elements of every entry in a works-cited list?|
|14. Where can I find a sample MLA research paper that has explanations?|
|15. What are the general rules a writer must follow to write MLA papers?|
|16. How do I begin the process of creating a paper?|
17. What does the first page of an MLA research paper include?
18. What should the first page of a research paper look like?
|19. How do I avoid the failing grade and possible suspension that could result from plagiarism?|
|20. How do the two parts of MLA documentation work together to prevent plagiarism?|
|21. How do readers find an authorís name (Irving) on a Works Cited page?|
|22. What does a parenthetical citation for a book look like?|
23. What does a works-cited entry for a book look like and how do I find the necessary core elements to create it?
|24. What do a title page and a copyright page look like?|
|25. What do I need to have to create works-cited entries for online sources?|
|26. What does a quote look like in a research paper?|
|When should you use citations?|
|27. How do you use a quote that is more than four lines long?|
|28. What is the easiest way to create any type of works-cited entry?|
29. How do I find the necessary publication information to create a works-cited entry for an online journal?
30. Iíve written a works-cited entry for each source that I am going to use. Now, how do I take notes?
|31. How do I turn my notes into a good paper?|
|32. How do I write my conclusion?|
|33. What does a Works Cited page look like?|